"Commit" Leonard Taylor

the place to celebrate, vent or just kill time at work...

"Commit" Leonard Taylor

Postby NewYorkWolverine » Mon May 23, 2016 9:08 am

Why is this kid even listed as a commit? Everyone has seen his comments re: the possibility of going to Ohio State, and he has numerous relatives influencing him in that direction. Why even consider the kid quasi-blue at this point?
NewYorkWolverine

Re: "Commit" Leonard Taylor

Postby BlueCheeseHead » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:12 pm

I'm having a hard time taking any commits seriously these days with the way Harbaugh recruits. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but we saw in the last class what the net result of early commits are. Taylor could be one of those kids that "commit" in order to attract the attention (and subsequent offer) from other programs, or in his case, the program he is really interested in. No better way to get in Urban's grill than to be an Ohio kid committing early to Harbaugh and UM.
BlueCheeseHead
Site Admin

Postby NewYorkWolverine » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:50 am

Sadly, I think you hit the nail on the head. Urbs may not have known who he was, but he certainly does now. I can't see Taylor sticking with UM.
NewYorkWolverine

Postby NewYorkWolverine » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:42 pm

To quote that anonymous wiseguy when Joe Pesci gets whacked in "Goodfellas", "and that's that."

So, Taylor is gone. Odds are, he winds up in Columbus, which is a shame because he brings a tremendous size to the defensive line. Reminds me of Taco Charlton, in some ways -- height, specifically.

Oh well. Now the "other guys" have to stop UM from flipping him, not vice versa.
NewYorkWolverine

Return to General